Friday, August 25, 2006

Miss Earth and ETP Day

Can you see any connection with environmental issues and beauty contests? I didn't before I got email from Zimbabwe. Their national organiser of Miss Earth was interested in ENO and asked if we could do co-operation and start it with ENO tree planting day. I didn't know about Miss Earth before so I find info from Wikipedia. "Beauty for a cause"... sounded a bit strange first. But I read more and was interested about the concept. I found out that Miss Earth is involved in international projects and promote environmental issues. As in ENO we raise environmental issues we need different ways to do it. Maybe we could do it together? SO - I replied to Zimbabwe and agreed to do co-operation. Their organiser took contact with ENO schools in Zimbabwe and spread information about ENO Tree Planting Day to other schools in the country. Then we got email from organisers in South Africa. We have also been in contact with organisers in USA, Zambia, Philippines, UK and Nigeria. We are planning to build an official partnership soon in the future. The next Miss Earth 2006 will be chosen in Santiago, Chile (November 2006). If a delegate from your country will take part to Miss Earth, please invite her to join ENO Tree Planting Day! "Beauty for a cause".... sounds good!